Willkommen

Herzlich Willkommen auf meinem Blog - welcome everyone to my web blog!

This blog will give information about what happens in this world. Opinions will be published as well as stories about things people are concerned about!

Be excited!

Horizons between cultures

Horizons between cultures

About me

Mein Bild
Hawaii Kai, HI, U.S. Outlying Islands

Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2010

Interview with Andrea Vold



At Hawaii Pacific University, “Norwegian girls” are known as girls with blonde hair, a pretty face and a smart character. One of those is Andrea Vold, who was born in Hamar, Norway, in 1988. Today we are going to introduce Andrea, who is currently a journalism student and taking the class “Writing for the new Media”.







Andrea, what was the reason you chose Hawaii as a place for going to school?

“I am not a winter person. The weather in Norway is not as good as in Hawaii and you easily can get depressed. Furthermore, I was always interested in English as a language and being far away from home is a great opportunity to build up your own life.”

As far as being far away from home, how do you communicate with your parents and your younger brother?

“Skype is great, I use it a lot. And since my little brother and I are not living together anymore, we are growing closer and became very good friends over the distance. Of course I miss my parents, we have a very good relationship. Both of them are like my best friends.”

How about the European culture? Are there differences and do you miss being home?

“I definitely miss the European culture. I really enjoy being there. In the United States, everything is very structured with perfect lines, same streets, same locations and restaurants… I love the individual little street cafés with some sort of character. “

So do you want to move back to Europe after your studies or would you rather try to find a job in the United States?

“I am still undecided about what I am going to do after school. But I would like to stay in the US. I would love to work in Los Angeles or New York. Hawaii is a little too small for me. My passion and hobby is photography, especially black and white. Maybe I can use this to find a job. I would love to work for a magazine, where I don’t have to deal daily deadlines and can focus on a longer project.

In what other hobbies do you have and what else are you interested in?

“I always tried something else. I love modern dancing, ballet, playing flute or gymnastic. As a creative person I am very interested in fashion, photos and design.”

Is there anything that could a confident person like you bring out of action or frighten you?

“Birds! I am terrified by birds. I used to love them but I made bad experiences with them and especially I’m scared of pigeons. These would definitely put me out of action.”


Andrea, we hope this will never going to happen. Thank you for sharing your interests and awesome plans with us. You surely will be a successful photographer after your studies and hopefully you will find the right place to live and to work on your dreams.

1 Kommentar:

  1. lol i had a hard time browsing through your blog because it's not in english. but i really like this interview that you posted about andrea. it's really well laid out, and i love that picture of her.

    AntwortenLöschen