Willkommen

Herzlich Willkommen auf meinem Blog - welcome everyone to my web blog!

This blog will give information about what happens in this world. Opinions will be published as well as stories about things people are concerned about!

Be excited!

Horizons between cultures

Horizons between cultures

About me

Mein Bild
Hawaii Kai, HI, U.S. Outlying Islands

Samstag, 13. März 2010

Facts about me


I graduated from Ostsee-Gymnasium Timmendorfer Strand,
Germany in 2007, before starting an internship at the German
GOLFmagazin and attending college at Hawaii Pacific University.
At college, I got an academic scholarship and a journalism
scholarship from the student newspaper Kalamalama, where I write
articles and improve my journalism skills in English.
I will be graduating with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and
visual communication after the spring 2011 semester.

During my internship at the German GOLFmagazin, which now has
developed to freelance, I began writing a variety of
stories and translated articles from our partner GolfDigest from
English to German. I have also worked for the Internet media and
published my own articles at their Internet page.
I learned how to design pages with Quark Xpress and
InDesign/InCopy.

At the Hawaii Pacific Student Newspaper Kalamalama I wrote
articles in English for the sports section and became sports section
editor as well as associate editor. I worked with Typeset, InDesign and was involved in production. I improved my English skills as well as my journalism skills. Another important aspect was, that I learned how to place and work on photos with Adobe Photoshop CS3. I took my own photos for the German magazine and published them also online.

Through my experiences, I have become adept in a variety of
software, including PageMaker, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and
InCopy, Final Cot Pro, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and
Quark Xpress.

My goal is to become a well-rounded journalist and work as a
correspondent for an international newspaper or news channel. I
have enrolled in a photojournalism class and an advanced video
production class to help me improving my skills and flexibility.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen