Willkommen

Herzlich Willkommen auf meinem Blog - welcome everyone to my web blog!

This blog will give information about what happens in this world. Opinions will be published as well as stories about things people are concerned about!

Be excited!

Horizons between cultures

Horizons between cultures

About me

Mein Bild
Hawaii Kai, HI, U.S. Outlying Islands

Sonntag, 9. Mai 2010

Facebook and StudiVZ-distraction since 2004


Unfortunately, if they are on, I just can’t resist the temptation!. It is distracting people since 2004.
The social networking sites facebook and StudiVZ (german form of facebook). People who tell they only spend time on facebook better dont move to germany and open up facebook in red, the german StudiVZ, which is basically the same thing, just double the time you spend there and stalk around!
It was not until 2005 that Facebook became available to high schools. The guaranteed security of Facebook was reassuring (and it was free). I was sold, subsequently became addicted, and was instantly supplied with a focal point for distractions.
Facebook continued to consume people's ability to focus by expanding in 2006 when it granted anyone access above the age of 13 who had a valid e-mail address. Now you did not have to even go to school to become perpetually distracted.
As all Facebook users know, the relatively new feature of being able to chat with friends who are also logged on their Facebook pages creates the problem of having close to one hundred people to chat with every time you login. Now you can hop on to distract yourself with your friend's pictures or posts and there is a chance that you can end up talking to three to four people while you are browsing aimlessly and clumsily through endless walls and pages.
And even worse - Facebook does not just have to stay on your computer; you can take it with you on a Blackberry or an iPhone. Most of the time, it pulls your eyes and brain away from class and conversations. However, it is undeniably a great feeling when you have notification or friend requests, or even meaningless group requests. Because it keeps us busy and you dont even have to think about any complicated things. The perfect escape from the real world.
My question would be: Is there any way out? Will we ever be able to resist the distraction and actually start focusing on things in life that matter?

1 Kommentar:

  1. I recently did a video story called "Tech Talk" about social networking. I wish I got your opinion on it! I'm glad I avoided the social networking craze. I was into myspace back in 2005, but I got bored of it.
    I just stay in touch with people by calling them on the phone and getting to know them through in person interaction. I think people are going overboard with the social networking sites.
    There's really no need for so many. I understand if a person is trying to meet like minded individuals or keep in touch with old friends, but I see people wasting an abundant amount of time on facebook for hours. My roommate for instance, runs home just to check her facebook friend's status updates. Talk about being addicted...

    AntwortenLöschen